[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs cswutils

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 27 00:59:48 CET 2011

2011/1/26 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Wed Jan 26 04:01:49 -0500 2011:
>

>> first.  For it to be released, it would have to be accepted and
>> pushed by release manager.  Imagine a scenario in which we want to
>> push a bugfix for GAR, and the release manager blocks the release,
>> because he thought it would be neat to force gar package maintainter
>> to do unrelated work.  It's more practical for people to update gar
>> sources
>
> While it is frustrating when packages are blocked for what appear to
> be odd reasons at times, I don't think it's fair to say "because he
> thought it would be neat."

You're right, I was unnecessarily bitter, sorry about that.

> Overall, though, I think that for GAR to be a useful as a package, it
> must be excluded from the standard norms for installation on the
> buildfarm.

If we made a package with gar, it would make sense to include
Sebastian's wrapper, and put it into /opt/csw/bin.  This way, setup
would be simplified: install the mgar package (or a csw devel
metapackage), do 'mgar init', then cd into a directory with your
package, and finally do 'mgar package'.