[csw-users] Installing and using libgtk 2.8 for a single app on Solaris 10

Armel Asselin asselin.armel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 20 00:29:13 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have built a package with an application which is based on GTK+2.
It works correctly under the standard gtk2 install of Solaris 10... but with some quirks due to this GTK2 being a 2.4.

I installed gtk2 from blastwave.org, it installed correctly (it does not complain at least).

now i'm trying to _use_ it... but i could not figure how
If I do nothing particular my app uses the GTK lib from /usr/lib.
I tried to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/csw/lib but it seems to cause more troubles than it helps (my app hangs and allocate 800 MB of memory in some seconds, while it should allocate at most 10MB), I also read the User guide and the How to, but no luck

regards
Armel