[csw-users] Resistance ?

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Wed Apr 11 12:23:46 CEST 2007

Dennis Clarke <blastwave at gmail.com> wrote:

> The one argument that you will get thrown at you is that you can not
> trust the logn term existence of a community project.

You might hear that, yes - but can you trust the long term existence
of a company or a commercial product? Can you? How? What makes you think
that? Is it not thinkable, that a "hostile" company buys another company
and then stops the production of a certain program?

IMO the argument that you, Dennis, brought up is totally flawed. Especially
if we're talking about (now) large projects as Blastwave, OpenSolaris,
Debian, ...

(Yes, I know that you, Dennis, did not mean it that way.)

Alexander Skwar