[csw-users] sudden pkg-get issues... upgrades not possible...

S. Hakim Hamdani [ML] ml at eroteme.org
Wed Aug 1 16:40:58 CEST 2007

Well, here's an update:

By doing pkg-get -uS I was able to get it to install the newer openssl
packages. However it still coredumps on foremost.

I went into /var/sadm/pkg/ to check the contents of the CSWforemost
directory, and well, all looks fine, except that the file
install/preremove was a binary file and different from the one in
save/pspool/CSWforemost/install/preremove. Replacing the former with
the latter made no difference, it still coredumps.

I then moved CSWforemost to oldCSWforemost and was at least able to do
a successful pkg-get -u.

Still, even when trying to manually do a pkgrm CSWforemost (or now:
pkgrm oldCSWforemost), pkgrm coredumps.

I wasn't able to coax any information from pkg-get with the -v option
either, am at a bit of a loss as to how to fix this issue...

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks, Hakim

--
S. Hakim Hamdani [ML] / Eroteme.org