[csw-users] /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get[24]: /dev/fd/2: cannot create

Alex Moore asmoore at blastwave.org
Mon Aug 13 12:47:44 CEST 2007

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:57:12 +0200
Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> wrote:

> Because gpg is not available, nothing can be installed and things fail
> with this error message?
>
> And how DO I install gnupg, if pkg-get -i $pkg_name does not work?
>
> Note: I don't care about the "WARNING: gpg not found" message.

From the HowTo page:

---->
Install gnupg and md5(gmd5sum)

As the root user you need to use pkg-get to install gnupg and an md5
program. [Solaris 10 comes with /usr/bin/digest which can do md5
checksums, but otherwise you will need to install the textutils package
as well]

bash-3.00# /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -i gnupg textutils
WARNING: gpg not found NOTE: To have checksums compared, you must
install one of: md5 or gmd5sum (gmd5sum is available with GNU
textutils) try 'pkg-get install textutils' .
<----

OR from the bottom of /opt/csw/etc/pkg-get.conf

---->
# To disable use of gpg or md5, uncomment these
#use_gpg=false
#use_md5=false
<----

Alex