[csw-users] [SOLVED] Re: /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get[24]: /dev/fd/2: cannot create

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Mon Aug 13 13:00:53 CEST 2007

Alex Moore <asmoore at blastwave.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:57:12 +0200
> Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> wrote:
>
>> Because gpg is not available, nothing can be installed and things fail
>> with this error message?
>>
>> And how DO I install gnupg, if pkg-get -i $pkg_name does not work?
>>
>> Note: I don't care about the "WARNING: gpg not found" message.
>
>>From the HowTo page:
[..]
> bash-3.00# /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -i gnupg textutils

Ah. So the issue was just, that I tried to install a nonexistant
package (md5sum). It's not that the configuration of the system
was bad, or something like that.

SUMMARY: Only try to install packages, which actually exist. And
don't complain, if nonexistant packages cannot be installed.

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar