amanda 3.3.3

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 14 18:25:45 CET 2013

Hi Upen,

Am 14.11.2013 um 16:40 schrieb upen:
> I had been using  CSWamanda #3.1.1 on solaris 10/sparc for a long
> time. Today I saw 3.3.3 was available, so I decided I will upgrade to
> the newer version, and I did.
>
> Now when I do amcheck I get a file not found error, which seems
> correct, but I would like to know what the best solution to this issue
> would be.
>
> The issue:
> Command: /opt/csw/sbin/amcheck -a weeklyfull"
> O/p: parse error: could not open conf file
> "/etc/opt/csw/amanda/weeklyfull/amanda.conf": No such file or
> directory
> amcheck: errors processing config file
>
> All my configuration is in /opt/csw/etc/amanda/weeklyfull and that
> location worked fine with version 3.1.1. 3.3.3 is looking for
> configuration in /etc/optc/csw/amanda...as in above message and I
> don't have anything there.
>
> Is there an easy way to tell that configuration resides in
> /opt/csw/etc/amanda and not /etc/opt/csw/amanda?

Short anwer: all new packages look in /etc/opt/csw as it is more zone-friendly if
you have a read-only /opt or /opt on NFS. Usually there is a migration script
that copies the data from /opt/csw/etc to /etc/opt/csw. This way probably missed
for amanda. Just move over the config files and you should be fine.