New package requests

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon May 5 08:53:37 CEST 2014

Hi M,

Am 05.05.2014 um 02:47 schrieb M via pkgrequests:
> Thanks for continuing to provide this service.
>
> Two of theirs I miss as recent versions on OpenCSW, respectively, are the
> first two.  PDFtk (how you manage without this essential utility?!) also SMC.
>
> 1.  Mailman  2.1.18    02-MAY-2014  http://www.list.org

We do have an experimental mailman package:
  http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#mailman
However there is lots of configuration work which has not been done carefully
like path adjustments and directory layout. If you are willing to review it I
can adjust the contents as necessary.

> 2.  R	     3.1.0     10-APR-2014  http://www.r-project.org

I thought we already had R in the catalog. Anyway, I just started a build for 3.1.0.

> 3.  RStudio  0.98.507  25-APR-2014  http://www.rstudio.com/ide/download/desktop

I am not sure how much general interest is there in the maintainer community.
Probably this is a thing you can provide when joining the project as the best
maintainers are the ones who use the maintained packages.

> 4.  PDFtk    2.02      24-JLY-2013  http://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-server/

This requires the GNU java compiler gcj which has issues with ecj. If you can help
fixing that it would probably be easy to push out a package.