Custom packages in OpenCSW format.

Todd Strain tstrain at planetpayment.com
Mon Apr 13 16:43:34 CEST 2015

I've created my own Solaris packages for our custom software using the document found here. I've left them in the directory format.
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/i86pc/html/creating.solaris.packages.html

Then I converted those packages to an OpenCSW-format following this document.
https://automatthias.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/sunw-packages-in-an-opencsw-format-catalog/#comment-19656<https://automatthias.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/sunw-packages-in-an-opencsw-format-catalog/%23comment-19656>

I then build the catalaog using “bldcat” command. Everything looks fine at this point as "pkgutil -U" will update the host, and "pkgutil -a" shows all my packages. But "pkgutil --install" fails saying the package is not in the catalog.

Can anyone tell me the proper way to add custom software to OpenCSW catalog format?

I've seen the OpenCSW packaging tutorial on Youtube from Maciej Blizinski but this doesn't directly apply to me as my packages are just a collection of flat files and do not have to be compiled.

Thank you,
Todd

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information belonging to the sender and is only to be used by the intended recipient. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive on their behalf), you may not: (a) use or act in reliance on this e-mail message or attachments, and/or (b) copy or disclose to anyone this e-mail message or any information contained in or attached to this e-mail message. If you received this in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments.