Custom packages in OpenCSW format.

Todd Strain tstrain at planetpayment.com
Mon Apr 13 17:18:58 CEST 2015

Dago,

My issue was due to the package names not starting with "CSW" but with our stock ticker. The fix was to set the noncsw=true setting in the pkgutil.conf file.  But I'd like to answer your questions for anyone else having similar issues.

>> I've created my own Solaris packages for our custom software using the document found here. I've left them in the directory format.

>I am not sure if this will work, usually packages are either datastream or gzipped datastream.

These were left in directory format to be compatible with the process to convert SUNW packages to OpenCSW format. Eventually they ended up as gzipped datastream .

> Where did you put the packages/run bldcat and what is your configuration for „mirror“
>in pkgutil.conf? pkgutil requires a specific directory layout like
>  <mirror-root>/(sparc|i386)/(5.9|5.10|5.11)/<packages>

I actually did have this directory structure.

Thanks,
Todd

> I've created my own Solaris packages for our custom software using the document found here. I've left them in the directory format.

I am not sure if this will work, usually packages are either datastream or
gzipped datastream.

> Then I converted those packages to an OpenCSW-format following this document.
>
> https://automatthias.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/sunw-packages-in-an-opencsw-format-catalog/#comment-19656
>
> I then build the catalaog using “bldcat” command. Everything looks fine at this point as "pkgutil -U" will update the host, and "pkgutil -a" shows all my packages. But "pkgutil --install" fails saying the package is not in the catalog.
>
> Can anyone tell me the proper way to add custom software to OpenCSW catalog format?

Where did you put the packages/run bldcat and what is your configuration for „mirror“
in pkgutil.conf? pkgutil requires a specific directory layout like
  <mirror-root>/(sparc|i386)/(5.9|5.10|5.11)/<packages>

You may find this useful, although it may be too specific for your need:
  https://sourceforge.net/p/opencsw/code/HEAD/tree/buildfarm/bin/cswcatalog

Best regards

  — Dago

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information belonging to the sender and is only to be used by the intended recipient. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive on their behalf), you may not: (a) use or act in reliance on this e-mail message or attachments, and/or (b) copy or disclose to anyone this e-mail message or any information contained in or attached to this e-mail message. If you received this in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments.