Custom packages in OpenCSW format.

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Apr 13 16:49:36 CEST 2015

Hi Todd,

Am 13.04.2015 um 16:43 schrieb Todd Strain <tstrain at planetpayment.com>:
> I've created my own Solaris packages for our custom software using the document found here. I've left them in the directory format.

I am not sure if this will work, usually packages are either datastream or
gzipped datastream.

> Then I converted those packages to an OpenCSW-format following this document.
>
> https://automatthias.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/sunw-packages-in-an-opencsw-format-catalog/#comment-19656
>
> I then build the catalaog using “bldcat” command. Everything looks fine at this point as "pkgutil -U" will update the host, and "pkgutil -a" shows all my packages. But "pkgutil --install" fails saying the package is not in the catalog.
>
> Can anyone tell me the proper way to add custom software to OpenCSW catalog format?

Where did you put the packages/run bldcat and what is your configuration for „mirror“
in pkgutil.conf? pkgutil requires a specific directory layout like
  <mirror-root>/(sparc|i386)/(5.9|5.10|5.11)/<packages>

You may find this useful, although it may be too specific for your need:
  https://sourceforge.net/p/opencsw/code/HEAD/tree/buildfarm/bin/cswcatalog

Best regards

  — Dago