pkgutil -L, -F, and -r

Wyche, George PW George.Wyche at pw.utc.com
Thu Sep 19 21:39:57 CEST 2019

I am trying to recover from an install of emacs 24.3 that was unsuccessful.

Any emacs invocation gets  ld.so.1: emacs: fatal: libthai.so.0: open failed: No such file for directory.
#pkgutil -F libthai.so.0
/opt/csw/lib/libthai.so.0    CSWlibthai0
And 3 other locations...
#ls -l /opt/csw/lib/thai*
ls No match.

#pkgutil --install libthai0
Solving
Solving
3 CURRENT packages:
  CSWcommon-1.5
  CSWlibdatrie1-0.2.5
  CSWlibthai0-0.1.18

Nothing to do.
#pkgutil -L libthai0 does list 8 files.

All of the above was done in root on a Solaris 10 u10 installation.

My question is: Is there a regular way to have pkgutil (or whichever) acknowledge that a csw package installation is incorrect?

I have another Solaris 10u10 workstation that has emacs happily running. It does have /opt/csw/lib/thai.so.0 (pointing to existing)...thai.so.0.1.7

I thought to try uninstall of the package and then attempt another --install, so
I tried the (experimental it says) pkgutil -r libthai0
But it listed the3 packages with (in use) after them and returned to the # prompt.

Is there a csw pathway to recover?

George Wyche